- Selection & Assignment - How do I select the right people and assign them where there is the best match between their skills and the needs of the job?
- Knowledge & Skills - How do I ensure staff have the knowledge and skills they need?
- Resources - How do I provide staff with the resources (tools, information, etc.) they need to do their jobs?
- Expectations & Feedback - How do I set and communicate clear expectations and ensure staff receive regular feedback on whether they are meeting those expectations?
- Incentives & Consequences - How do I create attractive incentives for good performance and negative consequences for poor performance?
- Interest & Motivation - How do I create a work environment that is interesting and motivates staff members?
Welcome to the Summer Camp Leadership blog. For those of us who lead summer camps, making a positive difference in the lives of young people is our passion. Turning that passion into a reality, however, takes more than the ability to lead songs, teach archery or plan craft projects. Creating camp experiences that truly transform lives takes leadership. Leadership that creates a vision for the future, leadership that inspires and engages others, leadership that remains focused and stays the course. My hope is through this blog you'll find ideas, inspiration and tools to help you be a great summer camp leader.
Friday, January 6, 2012
Planning for Staff Success
Help your staff be successful by creating an environment that encourages high performance and job satisfaction. As you plan for next summer here are six key questions to consider:
Posted by John Erdman at 8:00 AM