In his classic 1936 bestseller How to Win Friends and Influence People, Dale Carnegie suggested six strategies for making people like you. These time tested tools have been used by millions who have been influenced by Carnegie's books, speeches and training programs.
- Become genuinely interested in other people.
- Remember that a person's name is, to that person, the sweetest and most important sound in any language.
- Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.
- Talk in terms of the other person's interest.
- Make the other person feel important – and do it sincerely.