PlayersStaff will not engage in behavior they don't see from their coachcamp director.
- No individual can be more important than the
- Consistent success requires experiencing
gamecamp intensity and tempo in practicestaff training.
- Discipline = execution.
playersstaff will accept mediocrity... coachescamp directors must demand excellence.
- The difference between good and great is attention to detail.
playersstaff are capable of more than they think they can do... coachescamp directors can help them discover their full potential by pushing them beyond their self imposed limits.
- Every repetition of every
drillactivity creates habits, good or bad... coachescamp directors must require every repetition be done right.
- Mental and physical toughness can be developed by mentally and physically challenging
- Expectations must be accompanied by accountability or they don't exist.
Welcome to the Summer Camp Leadership blog. For those of us who lead summer camps, making a positive difference in the lives of young people is our passion. Turning that passion into a reality, however, takes more than the ability to lead songs, teach archery or plan craft projects. Creating camp experiences that truly transform lives takes leadership. Leadership that creates a vision for the future, leadership that inspires and engages others, leadership that remains focused and stays the course. My hope is through this blog you'll find ideas, inspiration and tools to help you be a great summer camp leader.
Monday, April 23, 2012
Posted by John Erdman at 7:00 AM