Dan McCarthy. director of Executive Development Programs at the University of New Hampshire suggests there are 12 ways to develop leadership confidence. They include:
1. Learn about leadership.
2. Network with other leaders.
3. Develop realistic self-awareness.
4. Help others be more successful.
5. Celebrate wins.
6. Look confident.
7. Learn and practice positive psychology.
8. Develop your emotional intelligence (EQ).
9. Project confidence.
10. Ask others for help.
11. Stop asking “mother may I” and make a decision.
12. Develop a sense of humor.
Welcome to the Summer Camp Leadership blog. For those of us who lead summer camps, making a positive difference in the lives of young people is our passion. Turning that passion into a reality, however, takes more than the ability to lead songs, teach archery or plan craft projects. Creating camp experiences that truly transform lives takes leadership. Leadership that creates a vision for the future, leadership that inspires and engages others, leadership that remains focused and stays the course. My hope is through this blog you'll find ideas, inspiration and tools to help you be a great summer camp leader.