When faced with challenges that seem overwhelming, Lolly Daskai, President of Lead From Within, reminds us that "what happens within us is at least as important as what happens to us." She offers five helpful strategies we can use when the challenges we encounter threaten to become too much to handle.
1. Focus on the route, rather than the destination.
2. Focus on what you have, not what you lack.
3. Focus on what you can do, and not what you can't.
4. Focus on containing the challenge and not drowning in drama.
5. Focus on trusting yourself and not wavering within.
Welcome to the Summer Camp Leadership blog. For those of us who lead summer camps, making a positive difference in the lives of young people is our passion. Turning that passion into a reality, however, takes more than the ability to lead songs, teach archery or plan craft projects. Creating camp experiences that truly transform lives takes leadership. Leadership that creates a vision for the future, leadership that inspires and engages others, leadership that remains focused and stays the course. My hope is through this blog you'll find ideas, inspiration and tools to help you be a great summer camp leader.
Tuesday, May 26, 2015
Responding to Challenges
Posted by John Erdman at 8:30 AM