Welcome to the Summer Camp Leadership blog. For those of us who lead summer camps, making a positive difference in the lives of young people is our passion. Turning that passion into a reality, however, takes more than the ability to lead songs, teach archery or plan craft projects. Creating camp experiences that truly transform lives takes leadership. Leadership that creates a vision for the future, leadership that inspires and engages others, leadership that remains focused and stays the course. My hope is through this blog you'll find ideas, inspiration and tools to help you be a great summer camp leader.
Wednesday, December 26, 2018
Your Leadership: A Year End Review
The year end is, however, also a great time to reflect on where we are as leaders. Take some time to reflect on the following and set some goals for the upcoming year:
1. How effective was I as a leader? Did I get the results I wanted? How did my team/peers/supervisor respond to me?
2. What did I do well as a leader this year? How can I continue to have success in these areas? Can I leverage these successes into other areas?
3. Where did I fall short of being the best I could be? Why? What could I do differently in the future to create better results?
4. Did I achieve the goals I set for myself this past year? Why/why not?
5. What goals do I have for myself as a leader for the upcoming year?
Posted by John Erdman at 1:19 PM