How effective is your staff? Recent research by identified six key benchmarks of team excellence.
1. Alignment - Is there a shared vision and core values?
2. Team Effectiveness - Are there processes in place to help your staff function effectively?
3. Empowerment - Do members of your staff have the power and authority they need to be effective?
4. Passion - What is the level of energy, enthusiasm and confidence on your staff?
5. Commitment - Are members of your staff committed to the camp and each other.
6. Results - Are your staff consistently producing outstanding results?
Where is your camp staff on each of these benchmarks? Where can you build on your established strengths and where are there weaknesses that need to be addressed?
Welcome to the Summer Camp Leadership blog. For those of us who lead summer camps, making a positive difference in the lives of young people is our passion. Turning that passion into a reality, however, takes more than the ability to lead songs, teach archery or plan craft projects. Creating camp experiences that truly transform lives takes leadership. Leadership that creates a vision for the future, leadership that inspires and engages others, leadership that remains focused and stays the course. My hope is through this blog you'll find ideas, inspiration and tools to help you be a great summer camp leader.